Wednesday, May 19, 2010

old enough to know better but too young to care

These last few days have been beautiful.

Tuesday, I got up, ate some breakfast, and went on a lovely bike ride with my dear friend Lizzie. We biked around Harriet and then to and around Nokomis. After that I met up with Addie and Lizzie joined us after getting her tan on a bit at Nokomis. We had some nice little wraps for lunch.

After having a lovely time with my pals, I went to Hale School where I help tutor third graders in reading and math. This is the last week of tutoring so we made rootbeer floats and played outside. After a while the kids were like "What should we do? How much time do we have?" And I was thought to myself..."hmm time...kids like to be timed don't they?" So they used my cell phone to time each other running around the playground. They were just having a great time. I'm so happy that I got the opportunity to work with these kids, they were great and they improved so much over the year. It was a really great experience to have and made me realize how much I really would love to be a teacher.

After that gratifying experience I went out to dinner at HauteDish which was absolutely lovely. The presentation, proportion, and taste was absolutely right. It was so good. Then one of the most exciting things in my life happened (kind of exaggerating...but not really). I attended Conan O'Brien's "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour". It was the best. I love (!) Conan, so much. Actually being in the same room as him was such an exciting experience. He was hilarious and candid. At one point they did a segment from Late Night that was just about my favorite thing ever; Conan would pull a lever attached to his desk and a "random" Walker, Texas Ranger clip would play. When they brought the lever out on stage it was totally silent and I said "YES!" really loudly and Conan smiled and kind of pointed at me. Basically he acknowledged my existence which was stupidly exciting to me.

Wednesday- Emma and I just hung out and watched a few episodes of Lost, which is just about the best way that I can think of to spend my time. (Sidenote: I don't think i've mentioned how much I love Lost in this blog. I'll say it right now, Lost is one of my favorite things to ever exist...ever. I don't know if I can express in words how much I legitimately love that show.)

Yesterday- Jessica and I went on a bike ride, which was awesome. Then we took a bunch of her old books to this store called paperback exchange, which is really cool by the way. You should check it out. It's right off of 50th and Penn. Later, Addie and went to this thing called "TimesTalksLive", where someone from the New York Times interviews someone in New York and said interview is broadcast live to theaters across America. Last night the interviewees were Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the men behind Lost. Now I don't know if you read the sidenote up there, but I love Lost, so this was great. And it was even better when Michael Emerson and Jorge Garcia showed up. They all seem like such awesome human beings. It's hard for me to believe that Lost is coming to an end on Sunday night (I'll stop talking about Lost now and devote my next post solely to it; my love, my reaction to the finale, etc.). 

These last few days have been the best way ever to kick of my summer vacation. It makes me feel like this summer is going to be a really really good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment